Thursday, November 19, 2009

NO H8

I have been a crazy jet-setter and have been incredibly tired, but I am off to Sydney again next Thursday.. Another 2.5 hours and another timezone. I think my circadian rhythm is going to be screwed by the end of all these crazy travels.

I've been insanely tired lately, especially after a midnight flight last night and up at 6am this morning because I forgot to set my phone back to local time!

Anyway, I am blogging today because the Americans need your support.

What: The American Federal Court has accepted the challenge of Prop8!


WHO: Ted Olson and David Boies are high-profile lawyers (who worked the Bush v. Gore 2000 opposing one another) representing two same-sex couples who were denied the right to marry.

WHAT: Olson and Boies are challenging proposition 8's federal constitutionality and believe that it should be repealed. “This unequal treatment of gays and lesbians denies them the basic liberties and equal protection under the law that are guaranteed by the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution,” their suit states.

WHEN: January 11th, 2010 is the set date to begin (keyword=begin these court cases will not nearly be completed over night).


What can you do? Sign the petition to get Obama on board and spread the words.

2 comments:

Ron said...

i can't sign the petition cuz it asks for a ZIP code, and I'm not American :(

but yeah, regarding the comment you last left on mine -- i'm glad I'm not in Australia at the moment, with all the heat going on. I'm not a big fan of extreme heat.

But I'm sure you'll have gorgeous surfer guys to stare at

Brett said...

I thought to myself: "This seems familiar... where have I read this before?". Facebook =]

*Signed*

@Ron
I just put my postal code.

Related Posts with Thumbnails