Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's All Happening

I had a meeting with my new employer this morning and its all becoming so real. Like I said in my previous post, the past few weeks have been rather unexpected and pretty hectic weeks for me. I don't know where I was heading and I couldn't find a harmonious rhythm to my life. I think its a mixture of several things including just getting back from traveling, some social circumstances change and going from full-time work to full-time uni.

 Credit: weirdperson343

It has been difficult to describe how am I going for the past few weeks and I kept answering, "Trying to get my groove back on" whenever I'm asked. It's a challenge as well to try to organise everything together - movie premieres, gigs, Open Days, volunteering, uni and work.

After the meeting this morning, I feel a lot more relieved with where I'm going but it all seems so real now! I'm starting work pretty much straight away. Although I am my own boss - and can work from wherever I am and whenever I want - indirectly, its putting my organisation and time-management skills to the test.

On top of work, attending classes and two major assignments that's due next week, I have to lecture next week - which I've just been told a few hours ago! My supervisor can be rather unorganised sometimes, and so now I have to put together my lesson plan and fill in the paperwork to get the equipments set up for next Wednesday.

On a positive note, I am feeling rather calm lately. I am not overly stressed (or at least that's what I think) and I haven't screwed up anything yet! I'm taking things slowly, and I am thankful for my friend Lis who organises my diary for me. Her wonderful organisation and Google Calender allowing me to share my calender rocks my socks. Also, I have very supportive friends all around me!

One of them is Village Boy whom you all should follow. He only blogs once in a blue moon but when he writes, he usually has some saucy, interesting and heart-warming story to share. He's also an awesome friend - always cheerful, smiling and his positive energy is rather infectious.

5 comments:

Winter said...

hope that things will get on beat for you quick! been out of touch with you, missing you lots. time management, and i bet you'd be great :) take care and hugs!

Bubby said...

I am enjoying reading your blog. Just remember to fit sometime in to enjoy life...

Wishing you all the best
www.gayoncemeanthappy.blogspot.com

Aek said...

Sounds like you're starting to get your groove back. :-)

Lady Ren said...

Just found your blog- Lovely.
Since Dec Pices has been moving backwards which has made progress really difficult. This all changed on March 10th and just like a train that was at a standstill, starting up things are going to move more smoothly- Let me know what you think of the March 10th date.

Dean Grey said...

It sounds like you've got your hands full, Aaron!

And that is not such a bad thing. Hang in there!

-Dean

Related Posts with Thumbnails