Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Opening the Closet Door for the Housemates

It's been a rather interesting and I have to say an unexpected two weeks.

Like many other bloggers, my workload is increasing and I'm playing juggle balls as I balance between my jobs, uni, shitloads of assignments, social life and love life. I've also been coming out to a few of my close friends and I've been meaning to come out to the housemates but never get the chance to or I'm just too scared.

Tonight, after coming home from the advanced screening of Kick Ass (which is a kick arse movie btw) I saw both my housemates sitting on the couch drawing and watching TV. They're both dating and I have 3 housemates. I thought it was the right time but I freaked out even after having my dinner and drinks. So I came up to the room, harassed Village Boy a little who was too busy to entertain me, jumped in the shower and spent at least 2 hours procrastinating and thinking.


In the end, I came out via Facebook. My housemate came online and I typed this long sentences but just when I pressed Enter, he went offline so the message was never delivered. Bloody hell! So I ran downstairs, sat down right in front of them and they looked at me and told me a joke which I laughed and started the awkward conversation with a, "I have something I've been meaning to tell you guys."

As expected, everything was cool except the guy who have always joked about having a threesome with me and really liking me. He didn't give me much eye-contact nor did he say much either. He nodded, smiled and was looking at his computer as his girlfriend and I just talked about everything else. They both said it was cool and they have no problems with it anyway. So, that was cool.

I could feel my heart thumping so hard I thought it was going to jump out of my chest!

3 comments:

Aek said...

I suppose congratulations are in order. :-P I'm glad all your housemates are cool with it, did you honestly expect otherwise though? But curious the one housemate's response who you said might be (jokingly) interested in you, lol.

Ethan said...

Glad to know that the coming out went well

Take care
Ethan

Dean Grey said...

I'm glad everyone has been so accepting of your news, Aaron!

Not all gays are so fortunate when coming out.

-Dean

Related Posts with Thumbnails