Saturday, April 3, 2010

LA, Disneyland and a Blogger

Despite not having a good start to my trip, I've been having heaps of good times so far.

A flight delay, upgrade to first class and then a 14 pretty relaxing hours later, I was in LAX. I took a bus then a train to Hollywood where my hostel was and by the time I got there, it was at least 9.00pm so I only had a quick tour of the main street and attractions of Hollywood before I headed for bed at midnight. I very happily announced to my friends that I am actually tired even though it was afternoon in Brisbane, which must have meant that I am not having jetlag!
 


My friends told me, "Just wait" and so bed I went. At 4.00am, I woke up and could not go back to sleep! So spent an hour tossing in bed before deciding to wake up and spoke to a friend on Skype who laughed at me. But I was still adamant that this is not that bad if this is what jetlag is.


I got ready at 6.30a.m. and left for Disneyland at 7.30am to meet Doug. Then at about 10.00am, it hits me! Jetlag. I felt so horrible it was a struggle trying to stay awake and function properly! My brain felt like a mush, my head was heavy and I just want to sleep!

But I pushed on.

Doug has very generously given me a complimentary pass to both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure Park. I was quite overwhelmed by his kindness I have to be honest, and entering Disneyland, it was almost like a dream come true. It really made me think that I could come back here over and over again, and would love to stay here! Honestly, if anyone's not happy, bring them to Disneyland.


Meeting Doug was interesting mainly because I was really horribly jetlag, and I don't know much about him. When I followed him, he was already blogging really less frequently, so all I know about him were compliments from VBoy and his generous help in helping me navigate LA. We exchanged like 45 emails in about 4 days I think, and he checked on me as well before my flight and when I arrived. Isn't he incredible? Unfortunately, he had to put up with my jetlag at the beginning - it was challenging trying to engage in proper conversation, but after the space ride, I was feeling a lot better! To say that Doug's a nice guy is almost an understatement and I fail to come up with a word to describe his genuineness, kindness and candidness. I am not even exaggerating. And I dare to say that he would be every wise gay's dream partner. He appears confident, he's conscious of things around him and he's not ignorant either. He's just really down to earth and a very, very nice guy.

Anyway, he spent about 3 hours with me before he had to get to work. I am not sure how much info he has disclosed about himself so I shall be safe and not disclose what he works as but its a very, very interesting job. I would do his job any day!


I spent the rest of the day in Disneyland and the Adventure Park and went on almost all the rides in Disneyland, unfortunately not the Adventure Park. :( I shall be back though.

I got home at close to 11pm that night and had a chillaxing time at the bar before talking to VBoy until 2.00am.

I spent the next day just wandering around Hollywood before boarding the bus at 12.30pm headed for San Francisco where I'm at right now! And last night, I made a surprising discovery - while looking on Google Maps where I'm actually at, I realised that I live in Castro! This place is rather meaningful to me, especially after watching the movie 'Milk'.

3 comments:

Aek said...

Jetlag SUCKS. Though, I managed alright when I was in China for a week, but waking up at 5am or 6am is rather killer because by 9pm, you're all pooped out. :-/

It's been AGES since I've been to Disneyland. I have to make it a point to visit again. And there's lot of San Francisco that I haven't explored yet.

More pics please!! :-P

Ron said...

good to hear that you're having a good time.

Dean Grey said...

Aaron!

Sounds exhausting but fun!

-Dean

Related Posts with Thumbnails