Saturday, September 4, 2010

It's About Us

A few weeks ago, after a long tiring day, I came home and checked the mail box to find a small, perfectly packaged square looking mail addressed to me. The stamp said it was from Chicago, and immediately, I knew it was non other than the beautiful, beautiful Dean Grey.


The background story is, a few months ago, a group of artist bloggers decided to put together a collaborative art project as a form of encouragement and to show our love and appreciation for Dean, who obviously is a significant individual to the whole community and gave many people lots of inspiration, love and laughter directly or indirectly, and its a way for us to show the project is not so much about an individual or a particular person but about the community. It's about us.

Now, I know, technically, I am not part of the community because my painting is as good as a 5 year old, but hey, I'm trying alright. At least I managed faked it, and they accepted me.


My masterpiece - some say its comparable to some of Picasso's greatest work. And quite clearly, if you can't feel this art piece, you're just not open yourself enough, or you're just shit at art. Face it.

Now, having said all that, thank you so much for the mail art, Dean. It's an awesome surprise after a full-on day, but most of all, they are beautiful! I absolutely love them. Thank you!

3 comments:

Mind Of Mine said...

My piece was grammatically incorrect so I feel your pain!

dpking19 said...

aww... so sweet Love<~Peter~>

Dean Grey said...

I'm glad you finally got it, Aaron!!

Ian, I didn't notice any grammatical errors with yours so don't worry about it. (Now I'll have to go back and look for the mistake!) LOL

-Dean

Related Posts with Thumbnails